About Vermont Frames
Established in 1976, Vermont Frames has been handcrafting timber frames in the mountains of Vermont for over 46 years. We are dedicated to hand crafting the highest quality timber frames that will stand the test of time for our customers. We are proud of the team we have built and are looking for hardworking, detail-oriented team players to join us.
Position: Field Installer
Reports to: Field Team Foreman
Location: Starksboro, VT and customers across the Northeast US
Compensation: $23/hr + Overtime, Road Bonus (5% of road hours), & Cash Per Diem ($55/day)
The Field Installation Team assembles and installs the Timber Frames and Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) manufactured by Vermont Frames and Foam Laminates of Vermont. The structures are assembled at sites across the northeast United States for residential and commercial customers. Under the supervision of the Field Team Foreman, she or he will work with the team to assemble the timbers into a frame and then mount the SIPs to the frame structure. This role will involve lifting heavy timbers and equipment, using power tools, come-along’s, hand tools, climbing ladders, and working at heights of 20 or more feet in the air. To support efficient and safe operations, other miscellaneous tasks will also need to be completed.
The Field Team Foreman will train new employees in our practices and procedures. The role will involve interaction with General Contractors, Builders, and Clients. Therefore a professional courteous demeanor is important. Field Team members are expected to maintain a professional and clean appearance.Interested applicants will be expected to complete an onsite skills and technical assessment at our shop in Starksboro as well as in person interviews with the team. References will be asked for.
The field team is fun, dynamic and everchanging environment, involving building structures in beautiful locations across the northeast United States. We value a strong work ethic and attention to detail, as the work this team does is what the client sees most. Given the exposed timbers that are core to the appeal of a timber frame home, the quality with which the team installs a frame and SIPs are paramount. The field team is the public face of the company, and must make a positive impression. Professionalism and a positive attitude are therefore critical attributes for a successful team member to have.
- Follow all instructions of the Field Team Foreman.
- Follow detailed plans from the Design Team.
- Inspect and assemble timbers on site.
- Operating power tools, chain saws, and other tools.
- Lifting heavy loads, in excess of 100lbs.
- Installing Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs)
- Sealing SIPS with foam and caulking
- Carefully and safely operate and maintain company equipment, including, but not limited to; chainsaws, mortisers, planers, large circular saws, band saws, sanders, chisels.
- Willing to travel across the northeast US weekly
- Willing to work greater than 20’ in the air
- 1+ years experience in carpentry or related field
- A strong safety-first mindset
- Ability to lift >100 lbs
- Ability to follow shop plans to carefully assemble and install timbers and structural insulated panels
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- A sturdy professional attitude
- Willingness to work outside year-round in the north eastern United States
- Ability to safely operate circular saws, planers, mortisers, chainsaws, and other heavy, sharp cutting tools
- 3+ years of carpentry / timber framing / construction experience
- Vocational or technical school training and certification
- Experience with following carpentry / timber design plans
- Military experience
- Forklift and/or telescopic handler (Lull) operating experience
- General repair / maintenance experience
- Paid travel costs including hotels
- Paid $55 per diem ($55/day for food) while on the road
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) matching program
- Earned Time Off
Vermont Frames is proud to be a Veteran Owned Small Business. We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. Gallagher, Flynn, & Company, LLP has been retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Hakeem Nuru, HR Consultant, at [email protected] While we appreciate all interest in this exciting opportunity, only candidates most closely aligned with our search will be contacted.
Disclaimer: What is listed above is representative of the position’s responsibilities but is not meant to be an exhaustive list. Responsibilities may change during employment at the company’s discretion. Gallagher, Flynn & Company, LLP, and our client do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other.